Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Worrying Kind!

I can´t say that we were worried perhaps, but today it was time to take a good listen to Ola Salo´s efforts on the song "The Greatest Enemy" since I was eager to record my final lead vocals for that song.

When i´m in front of the mike, i stick with one track and i sing and sing and sing until im pleased. Ola worked in a slightly different way. He recorded up to about 10 different tracks for everything he sang, with slightly different interpretations of the song on each track. SO, me, Roger and Peter sat down today with the project of picking the best of the best of Ola´s recorded vocals.

The whole process took us about 4 hours and when we had found the creme of the crop of Ola´s work, I took my place, put the headphones on and laid down my vocals together with his. When I was done, I just knew, this will be so GREAT when all is said and done.

Im signing off for a week now as Peter will spend some ax time in there, laying down some of those mean thundering guitars.

Peter and Roger, thanks for a very enjoyable session today!

Catcha later. /Fredrik

2 comments:

Lancefestivalen said...

Som alltid trevligt att få ta del av studioarbetet. Keep up the good work, guys... :)

Tene Murray said...

Hi Fredrik...

Yep, I'm 'the worrying kind' too - I haven't heard from you in ages, and hope that you're doing well. You know my email address - when you have a minute, please write and let me know how you are, okay? I miss you!!!

~ Tene