Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Shreddin´ Continues...


Today, I´ve spent the whole afternoon in da studio to record some more guitarsolos... Redid the solo for "Behind The Wall" because the lads, after listening to what I´d done previously, thought that that I could to better. Rick gave me a hint on a melody that I should work on, and I did. It made me think "Outside the box" and it´s now a completely different solo, compared to the original one, and I think this one is gonna fit the song better. It´s melodic, powerful, majestic and beautiful with loads of harmony-guitars.
Then I worked on the song "Stone Cold". It´s a funky/groovy kinda tune and I played around with my wah-wah-pedal.. The result, to me at least,
is pure rock´n´roll with a of WTS-kind of feel to it.

I ended todays session by finishing the solo on "Inside The Fire". The result became a kinda oriental-sounding thing. I don´t know the name of the scale I´m playing, but as I said.. think oriental/egypt/asian.. kind of Blackmore-ish..

I´m keeping my fingers crossed that the lads will approve.

Next week, we´ll gather to lay down some more harmony-vocals and I´ll get the verdict from the three stooges on this days session..

All the best!!


/Pete


1 comment:

Lancefestivalen said...

lite hämningslös self promotion (men inte utan att ändå vara on-topic): M.O.S.