Saturday, January 20, 2007

Mission Accomplished !



Ok, I will admit it. Coming to the studio today was no fun. I was not in the mood for playing drums, and I had an overall bad feeling about myself, and my limitations as a drummer. But as soon as I got my AC Milan shirt on, the same shirt I have recorded all our albums with, everything felt fine and I started to get loose. 3 hours later, all the drum tracks were done! For the whole album! After the first 4 first-takes, I felt something good was going on, I was definitely in a drumming mood, so we just kept on going. When we were all done, I had done 2 re-takes, on 14 songs!! Which means 12 first-takes and 2 second-takes! This has must to be one of the best days in my drumming life! So, the feeling I have while writing this is just incredible, lots of relief and happiness in there, I tell You! A big Thank You to my brother/engineer/photographer/DVD-director Roger Averdahl, for spending your precious time with us, learning us everything you know, and of course, my thanks to Peter and Conny for keeping the pace in my headphones while recording! So far so good! /Rick

No comments: